Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Eve



Welcome to our Julafton - Christmas Eve in Swedish.




 Lily's samples the xmas food... ☺

 

My MIL and my uncle.


Hubby's last minute organising...


Traditional Swedish Christmas food 

Ham, meatballs, salmon, beetroot salad, pickled herring, jellied veal with beetroot, 
egghalves with mayo and cod roe. Oops, almost forgot ...Jansson's Temptation as well.

A real treat for all of us Swedes - and for the Aussies too☺


 

 My uncle and his lovely wife dropped by for a visit this Christmas.
They live in Sweden.
It was an awesome Christmas present as I haven't seen them in three years.


My other uncle and his lovely wife, who live here in Australia, 
also stopped by and celebrated a Swedish Christmas with us.

Christmas is all about family. 

I'm so happy that I had my two uncles 
(my mum's younger brothers ) 
here with me on Christmas Eve, to share this with my kids, 
hubby and his side of the family was fantastic.

Later on I spoke to my mum on Skype. 
She's visiting my brother in England.
Even though she's far away, 
Skype makes it more bearable☺


 My SIL Beck


Jonah with his great uncle.


The kids' other great uncle handed out the xmas presents 
during part 2 of the Christmas Eve celebration. (Part 1 was in the morning)


Jonah with his new funny sunnies - so cool!


 My MIL's relaxing and enjoying the Christmas Eve celebration.
- Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the kids!


Lily got another present!


Family


 My FIL makes Lily smile.


Yours truly received a Christmas present too ☺


 My uncle and I.

God Jul 
(Merry Christmas) 
from all of us!

5 comments:

  1. Hej Pernilla!
    God Fortsättning på julhelgen!

    Vilket mysigt firande ni ser ut att ha haft, kul att fira med nära och kära!

    Kraam Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ni firar precis som vi gör ...med släkten och god mat. Kul att din farbror med fru kom över till jul. Bra att din mans släkt firar svensk jul.

    God fortsättning

    Kram
    annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD JUL! Pernilla to you and all your lovely family.
    All my children are in Sweden and I'm home alone in London!
    Isn't skype great :)
    I had a Swedish Julbord too yesterday and I made a big dish of Janssons temptation too my absolute favourite.
    Happy New Year 2014
    Glad to see you are all thriving, christmas is wonderful seen throught the eyes of children. They are growing up fast!
    LOVE PEACE enJOY
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful holiday gathering with your family! I love the way you keep the Swedish traditions alive for your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥