Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday 2 June 2014

Aussie Road Trip - Part 9 - Farmhouse

The family farmhouse - about 150 years old.
Once the beauty of the town 





 










 

Wally, the cockatoo has been at the farm for a very long time.




 










This was the first time after 33 years that hubby returned to the farmhouse he has very fond memories of as a child and young teenager. He remembers chickens and cows on the property. Now, that seems like a very long time ago... Good news are that a family member has bought the property and going to restore it to its former glory!

Linking to Blue Monday

If you missed any of my previous road trip posts,
you can find Part 1 - Travelling - here 
Part 2 - Arriving in Bingara - here
Part 3 - Sunset - here
Part 4 - Exploring - here
Part 5 - Bingara Museum - here
Part 6 - All Nations Hill - here
Part 7 - The River House - here
Part 8 - The Roxy Theatre - here



7 comments:

  1. The house that worth to keep.
    www.1sthappyfamily.com/2014/06/monday-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, what a charming olden house...loved seeing all the photos and am sooo thrilled that it will be restored.....I love that idea.
    Happy Blue Monday, dear one.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pernilla,

    It's so sad to see a once-loved place so neglected, but I'm happy to learn of the future restoration. You look pretty in your blue shirt!

    Thanks for sharing your blue today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad someone will restore it. What an amazing place it will be again. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place! I am excited that someone will restore it! How glorious that day will be when it is complete! Such lovely photos. I hope you will share more photos when that family member fin Happy Monday and enjoy the week!ishes the renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish I could go there and snoop around! That is wonderful that it will be restored! And how fun to go back after 33 years! Happy Blue Monday!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a glorious building in its heyday, it's great it will be restored. It reminds me of my husband's grandmother's (Mormor) farmhouse, she was born in Sweden. It was a different lifestyle, having to do so much for oneself. I had to smile at the icebox, we had one when I was 5-7 years old, I remember the ice man coming around. My kids are amused when I refer to the "icebox". LOL Amazing Cockatoo!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥