Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Det bakre köket - Heart of the home















¨

Welcome!

Here's our kitchen area - where we sit down for some of our meals. It's called 'the back kitchen' because it's in the back of the house. but still close to the main cooking area. It's only a breakfast bar in between where I have my computer. We have a dining room corner as well. which we use even more than the back kitchen. because it's close to the TV in the living room... I think this is my favourite spot in the house though. It's so homely . The afternoon sun comes in through this window and makes the room really cozy. but sometimes too hot - especially during our Summer.

We have access to our outdoor area as well our backyard through this room. It's easy to let the kids in and out through the big sliding door. 

Wishing you all a wonderful day!


***

Välkommen!

Här har vi vår köksavdelning. där vi sitter ner och äter ibland. I dagligt tal kallar vi rummet 'det bakre köket' eftersom det är längst bort i huset och angränsar till köket som vi lagar maten i. Vi sitter tyvärr oftast i matsalshörnan eftersom det är nära TV:n... men detta är mitt favoritställe i huset. Det är så hemtrevligt. Eftermiddagssolen skiner in genom fönstret. Det blir så mysigt och varmt. men ibland alldeles för varmt - speciellt under sommaren.

Vi har tillträde till uteplatsen och trädgården på baksidan genom köket. Lättsamt att släppa ut barnen genom den stora skjutdörren.

Ha en trevlig dag!

Linking to the following blog parties. 
Make sure yo stop by and visit them!


Pearls and Lace Thursday - Faith Grace and Crafts



26 comments:

  1. Your home is so lovely.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you popped over from down under!

    Love all your vintage tins and jello moulds - fabulous!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your home with us and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Lovely photos and I detect a swedish tone in your decorating. That's lovely. You must miss your country so much. Hope life in Australia is good to you. I have become your latest follower too. PS My sister in law in Qld has the same floor vinyl as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is very pretty, Pernilla! I also love all your tins and moulds, and the cozy bench under the window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like your collection of tin molds...I have quite a few myself. Thanks for your kind comment today. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder it is your favorite place to spend time, the room is charming. It is always interesting to get a look at how folks are living and decorating in another part of the world. It is fun to see the little white pots your plants are in I have the same ones from Ikea! Thanks for stopping by Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely home! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message! I have always wanted to visit your lovely country, but if I don't get to I can at least say that I have a blogging friend from Australia - what do you think?
    Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tour of your lovely home. I enjoyed seeing all your pretty treasures. Love the tins……

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your back kitchen is so pretty....I can see why you love spending so much time in there!!! Very charming :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your bench!!! Thank you for sharing. Also, thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pernilla,
    I just noticed on a comment that you left on another blog that you are actually at Logan city. Hubby and I used to live in Logan for about 8 years before we moved back to our home town 15 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing a bit of your lovely home with us. I'm doing some shopping in your back kitchen; so full of fun treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative and lovely decor ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    Consider linking up with my Monday blog hop ~ Magical Monday Meme ~ for 'creatives' of all types ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Roy: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GFC friend. I would just love it if you stop by and be my friend, too.
    Thank you sharing, I followed over from the Have a daily cup...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Verification is OFF, for me at least, to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Love what you did with the Jello Mold center piece!
    Blessings,
    Susie
    via Share Your Cup

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an inviting room ! I can see why you like it !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home looks so welcoming. Maybe part of the reason is you are enjoying autumn (my favorite time of year). I like how you have put lace on your shelves - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely as always. hugs and thank you for joining in the hop fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see that you still have your Swedish touch and I love it. So simple but so pretty.

    Have a great w/end, tjejen och ha kul.

    Kram,
    /C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Pernilla, I love your touch of Sweden in Austraila. The jello mold turned upside down on the table is such a cute and clever idea. Love how cozy your home feels. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is beautiful. I love all your treasures and how you displayed them. Thanks so much for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a pretty home! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. pernilla, you have such a warm and charming kitchen/dining area! thanks for sharing with us! i'm a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥